Documentation on "Parameterized Step"

Editor
Jun 27, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Hello,

It's been a while since the documentation page on "Parameterized Step" (https://testcasemanager.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Parameterized%20Step&version=2) was written and it appears it is still UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I have issues with creating a shared step to be used as a parameterized step, because the parameter (T) is not getting replaced by its value, although I try assigning a value one step before calling the shared "parameterized " step.

Could the authors perhaps add some explanations and/or screenshots about how to create the shared step used in the example in order for the substitution of the parameter (T) to work?

This would be highly appreciated because the "Parameterized Step" is a unique feature of Test Case Manager which is worth documenting :)

Kind regards,
Mihail
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM
Hi,

I tried to reply on the email notification but I figured that the from email is not yours. I prepared the guide in email form because I have created similar guide on our internal company site. So I copied it and edited it and I was going to send it to you. I don't have time to format it for CodePlex because I really don't like their editor. Can you send me your email in personal message and I will forward you the email that I prepared.

Best,
Anton
Editor
Jun 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM
mipopa wrote:
...although I try assigning a value one step before calling the shared "parameterized " step...
In the meantime, I have taken a look in the source code of Test Case Manager (more specifically in the file "TestCaseManager/TestCaseManagerCore/BusinessLogic/Managers/TestStepManager.cs"), where I have found some interesting RegEx strings used to identify the values for the groups "Namespace", "GenParam" and "NewValue" from the bodytext of the step action.
It seems that Test Case manager expects a semicolon ";" (just like any C# code :) ) at the end of each line in the "assigner" step.

After adding the semicolon as expected, the parameter replacement worked like a charm.

That's the beauty of opensource!!!

Regards,
Mihail